Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] Falling Down Like Rain [INVITES]
RACHEL EDWARDS
 Posted: Sep 18 2015, 04:57 PM
HUMAN
Thirty-two
Unemployed

There were times when she wanted to kick herself for the issues they still had with themselves and with each other. But Rachel Edwards was one not to give in so easily when it came to arguing with her former husband and the father of their teenage daughter, Grace. And no matter how many times she wanted to keep hating him, a small part of her still had that tiny glimmer of hope that they would one day be able to talk to each other in a civil manner. She berated herself silently as she walked around the marina harbor not far from her New Orleans home. Her back and forth pacing was certainly not helping her any, but it was certainly helping the little boy that was beginning to drift off to sleep in the stroller that she moved back and forth beside her. The brunette had come down here to the marina harbor, hoping to get at least a little bit of sun, not just for herself but for Charlie as well.

Another quick glance into the stroller and Rachel let a smile form as she brought it to a stop then put the brakes in place before sitting down. She'd come out here to the Pink Lemonade Stand to get something cool to drink, and now that Charlie was asleep, she could finally focus on doing that. Walking over, she quietly told the vendor what she wanted and was getting out her wallet when a dollar bill was placed down. “You always did like to think that I wasn't capable of taking care of myself.” Rachel turned to see the one person who always loved to see past all of her defenses standing there. “And good day, Daniel. How are you?” Not that she wasn't happy to see him, but she knew there were no other reasons for him to be here besides their daughter Grace or if it had something to do with legal paperwork. Some days she struggled with just going to him and pleading for him to stop, but then she would remind herself that she didn't have that choice anymore.

--------------------
You've got a hold of me.Don't even know your power. I stand a hundred feet, But I fall when I'm around you. Show me an open door, Then you go and slam it on me. I can't take anymore.I'm saying baby please have mercy
PMEmail
^
DANIEL WILLIAMS
 Posted: Oct 13 2015, 04:05 PM
HUMAN
Thirty Three
Detective

Danny was not in the best of moods when he walked into the area where he would be meeting rachel. In fact one could say he was pissed off and ready to explode like a rocket. After what she pulled in public about their daughter and his relationship with her , he wasn't just going to sit by and pretend to be happy with her like a good little ex-husband.

So when he bought the lemonade, and she assumed it for her he gave her a smile. And then he turned around and gave it to the next kid in line. After all the things that she had done to him the past, he wasn't going to be buying anything for her anytime soon.

Why should he? She had taken everything away from him when she had moved to New Orleans. His little girl was his world, his gracie was the thing he lived and breathed for and she just picked her up with her new ex husband and her new baby and took her across the states to some swamp town. And then told him that moving to New Orleans was his own fault , he didn't have to move, but if he didn't he would never get to see his daughter again.

Now she shows up with the kid, that wasn't even his expecting him to buy her lemonaide and pretend that he was a happy soul of forgiveness. Which if anyone who knew Danny at all would say, he was not. In fact he was almost the exact opposite of that in that point of time.

"I know you can take care of yourself Rachel, you proved that when you took my daughter from me and moved here in the god damn first place." his words weren't soft and gentle , he wasn't one to hide when he was angry or upset. He had always been passionate , always strong with his emotions, and she would know exactly what emotions he was feeling right now.

--------------------
Oh, it's such a long and awful lonely fall
Down from this pedestal that you keep putting me on. What if I fall on my face? What if I make a mistake? If it's okay a little grace would be appreciated. Remember how we used to like ourselves? What little light that's left, we need to keep it sacred. I know that you're afraid to let all the dark escape ya, But we could let the light illuminate these hopeless places. Just let me let you down. Hey, baby I'm not your superhuman
PM
^
RACHEL EDWARDS
 Posted: Mar 18 2016, 10:13 AM
HUMAN
Thirty-two
Unemployed

She understood his anger. Rachel understood why he would never talk to her unless it concerned Grace. But she was angry too; at herself, at life in general, at him. Sometimes it ate at her when she didn't want it to. Turning to the vendor, she purchased another cup of lemonade and gave him her own money then began to sip it from the straw. “For your information, you are here to keep your eagle eye on me, are you not?” The general idea was to antagonize him, but Rachel didn't feel like doing that to her former husband and the father of her oldest child. They'd done enough of that during their years of marriage, and she couldn't blame him for right here and now, quietly yelling at her despite her knowing that he – deep down – wanted to raise his voice a few octaves. Rachel wanted to as well. She had a few things on her mind that she wanted to express to him, and she probably would eventually. But for now, she wanted to enjoy this beautiful day and not feel obligated to waver beneath his soft anger. No one could blame a person for being angry with their ex, especially when it came to their children and especially not her. There were so many days when she wanted to explode at him for choosing career over family, but she'd kept her mouth shut after so many years of being around him and raising their daughter all but on her own.

She also seemed to understand his pain beyond the anger. Regret, too. She understood everything when it came to dealing with the divorce, the nasty words spoken with each phone call or visit paid to the others' home. Rachel was hurting too; not just him. “So excuse me if I'm having just as tough a time as you are, Daniel.” Her words were low but not as harsh as before before she then turns and walks off, gently pushing the stroller that had Charlie inside.

--------------------
You've got a hold of me.Don't even know your power. I stand a hundred feet, But I fall when I'm around you. Show me an open door, Then you go and slam it on me. I can't take anymore.I'm saying baby please have mercy
PMEmail
^
GRACE WILLIAMS
 Posted: Mar 21 2016, 02:35 PM
HUMAN
FIFTEEN
STUDENT

Grace had settled quite well in New Orleans thanks to making the cheerleading squad. She never imagined her world being turned upside down and being forced to move just about as south as you could go and still be in the country would be a good thing. Unlike her father, this move was growing on her...but she couldn't exactly blame him.

She couldn't think of a single scenario where she would be happy in her dads shoes. She wasn't sure how she felt about them being separated, but maybe it was for the best. Her mom seemed happy with her new life and Grace's new brother...that was of course until she was around Danny.

"Oh no." She grumbled, as her parents came into view. Grace had gotten out of cheer practice early and some of the girls invited her to the Marina with them to hang out. But of course both her parents had to be at the same place at the same time just to make life interesting. This never would have happened in New York. "I'll be right back, guys." She forced a smile then headed to the scene that was about to unfold. From here, it looked like her dad was about to explode.

"Boo!" She said cheerfully. Both her parents liked to think she was unfazed or ignorant to their problems, so she always tried to keep up the facade, but in reality, she heard them fighting about 90% of the time. It sucked, but at least they tried to hide it. "What are you three up to?" She asked, trying to casually diffuse the conversation as she picked Charlie up out of the stroller.

THANKS KAY

--------------------

I WON'T FORGET THE GOOD TIMES
user posted image
WITH THE BOYS IN BLACK SMOKING CIGARETTES CHASING GIRLS WHO DIDN'T KNOW LOVE YET. AS THE BONFIRE MOON CAME DOWN, I WON'T FORGET THE GOOD TIMES----
THOSE WERE THE DAYS
WE OWNED THE NIGHT.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
DANIEL WILLIAMS
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 08:18 PM
HUMAN
Thirty Three
Detective

Danny was in awe that Rachel could think that he packed up his whole life and moved to New Orleans to keep an eye on her. At the moment, he couldn’t care less what she wanted to do with her life. He had gathered up his life and his things, leaving behind his parents and siblings and the only home he had ever known, for his daughter. There was no way in hell that he was going to accept seeing his daughter only twice a year . Of course he moved to follow her, she was his everything.

He was just about ready to go off on a tangent of extreme rage at how dare she say that she was having a tough time. She caused this, she caused all this and she wanted to play that she was having a damn hard time? He had fought tooth and nail to get her to stay in New Jersey with his daughter, but in the end she had packed up with her new husband and taken the one thing he cared about with her. There was no hard time in comparison to what Danny had been through.

Because Danny had a good job back in New Jersey, he had respect of his peers, he was a good cop who worked hard to reach detective. He knew that his job was part of the reason that his marriage didn’t last but that was his job. And there had been no guarantee when he moved to New Orleans that there would be the same job waiting for him. It was only by luck that he was able to transfer and only through knowing Vince that he was given the chances that he had been. Rachel had a secure future with her rich husband and child that they had together, while Gracie was his only solid thing in his life anymore.

He had opened his mouth to tell Rachel just that when he heard his daughter speak, he head turning to look at her. He instantly swallowed his words that he wanted to say to his ex-wife. He loved his daughter too much to put her in a position that would have her in the middle of it. Instead the detective put a smile on his face when he looked at his daughter. ”Hey Monkey, I thought you were supposed to be at practice. “

”Your mother and I were just having a conversation, about a few things. Nothing to worry about .” Even thought that anger that Danny felt was still curling inside of him , he wouldn’t force Grace to deal with that. No child should be put in the middle of two parents and told to choose. And Gracie had been put there too many times already.

--------------------
Down from this pedestal that you keep putting me on. What if I fall on my face? What if I make a mistake? If it's okay a little grace would be appreciated. Remember how we used to like ourselves? What little light that's left, we need to keep it sacred. I know that you're afraid to let all the dark escape ya, But we could let the light illuminate these hopeless places. Just let me let you down. Hey, baby I'm not your superhuman
PM
^
RACHEL EDWARDS
 Posted: May 7 2016, 09:35 AM
HUMAN
Thirty-two
Unemployed

Talking. Yes, that was all that they had been doing. More or less like she was yelling at him and he wasn't taking it from her so he was returning the yelling. Rachel hadn't asked for any of the fighting between herself and Danny. She hadn't asked him to rip every little inch of her heart that she had given him over a decade ago. Rip it until it couldn't be ripped anymore. She forced a smile onto her face when Grace picked Charlie up out of the stroller, watching the younger of her two children began to babble to his sister. Rachel was glad to know that her teenage daughter was so helpful in taking care of Charlie while Rachel did things around the house during the day. It wasn't as if Rachel had any college experience because she didn't. She'd never finished college, dropping out to become a full-time mother and somewhat devoted wife, but the latter didn't last very long and Rachel hadn't been able to blame anyone but herself. Her little girl wasn't to blame for Rachel's sudden decision to sever the marriage completely. “Everything is fine, sweetheart,” Rachel reassured her daughter as she smooths Grace's hair out of her face. She leaned in toward the teenager and placed a gentle yet affectionate kiss to the the top of Grace's head.

There was nothing more that Rachel loved than being a mother. “How was practice?” Rachel then asked her daughter. “Were you able to get to do that flip you've been working on for your dad?” Her daughter had sounded so excited about trying new things with the cheer squad she was on, and Rachel was proud of Grace for working hard to do this on her own.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
GRACE WILLIAMS
 Posted: May 28 2016, 03:18 PM
HUMAN
FIFTEEN
STUDENT

Mhmm. Sure they were just talking. Grace just nodded, though. It was easier that way. She was used to it, and unless it got too out of control, there was no reason they should believe anything but this, right? She was too young to be dealing with this kind of crap. Her main concerns should be her tricks in cheer and that cute boy she'd seen around town.

Ha, that would certainly get her dads mind off of this crazy situation they were all in. If she mentioned a boy, he certainly would explode, right here and now. She was almost tempted. But it wouldn't diffuse the situation, and they were both obviously trying to for her sake, but she was kinda ready to be considered old enough to handle the actual problems.

She had just turned 15 and she was so ready to not be treated like a kid, but she knew better when it came to them. Plus, let's be real, she would always be a daddy's girl. He'd always be protective and sometimes that was nice. She was kinda hoping that they would one day let go just a bit, though.

"We finally finished our routine for the next competition, so we got a break." She smiled. "And yeah I nailed the flip. They even put it in the routine, but you can't see it till then." They had a few weeks before the next competition and everyone was super nervous. She was really happy her team trusted her enough to do the big tricks.

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
WITH THE BOYS IN BLACK SMOKING CIGARETTES CHASING GIRLS WHO DIDN'T KNOW LOVE YET. AS THE BONFIRE MOON CAME DOWN, I WON'T FORGET THE GOOD TIMES----
THOSE WERE THE DAYS
WE OWNED THE NIGHT.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
DANIEL WILLIAMS
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 06:18 PM
HUMAN
Thirty Three
Detective

It took some hard effort for Daniel to calm himself down from the rage that he had been about to unleash on his ex wife. He was a passionate person, that rarely hid any of his feelings because of it. When Danny was mad, people knew it. But he wasn't going to fight with the mother of his daughter with her right there, no matter how much he wanted to.

He closed his eyes and took some very deep breaths as he listened to his daughter talk about her practice. The father couldn't help the smile that came to his face when he opened his eyes so that he could look at her. No matter how much he wished that they were back in Jersey, he was beyond happy to hear that his Grace was happy .

Since the moment that he had found out that he was going to be a father, she had been his entire world. Everything he did now was for, even moving out to New Orleans had all been for his daughter. So long that she was in the city he was going to be there with her, even if he had to fight with Rachel every god damn day he was there.

He always knew that his daughter would do good, no matter where they lived. It was hard for people to dislike Grace. She was his Monkey, his baby girl, and she always would be. He knew that she was growing up and quickly, but he was going to try and enjoy her being young as long as he could.

Soon enough there was going to be talk about boys and cars and jobs, and Daniel was not ready for that to happen. He wanted to be able to enjoy her still being young and so happy, before having to face the fact that his little girl wasn't going to stay his little girl forever.

He smiled at his girl , so proud of her and her accomplishments in cheering already. "You know that I'll be there, excited to see it , Monkey"

--------------------
PM
^
RACHEL EDWARDS
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 09:16 AM
HUMAN
Thirty-two
Unemployed

“That's wonderful to hear, sweetheart,” Rachel said with a smile on her face, reaching out to gently smooth Grace's hair out of her face then smiles at Charlie as he played with his sister's hair. He seemed to be doing that a lot more as of late, and Rachel didn't mind. She was sure he would grow out of it like he was growing out of the clothes he wore. “And we can't wait to see it when you show us. You're going to do amazing.” To say that Rachel was proud to be a mother was an understatement; she was far beyond being proud. She doted on her teenage daughter and her precious baby boy equally, never favoring one over the other. Rachel just wished that her ex could see that motherhood was all that she'd ever wanted, even if she'd messed up both of her marriages. Though she could say that she shared the blame with Daniel on her first marriage because Rachel was still angry at the way he'd tried to defy her every chance he got by moving to New Orleans and worm his way back into her good graces by showing up around every corner she ever crossed. Though she was sick of it by now, Rachel had to admit – mostly to herself in her head – that he still looked good after all the years that they'd been divorced.

But complimenting him would not do, so she would have to keep it to herself for as long as she could. She couldn't further destroy whatever reputation they had as a divorced couple raising their daughter in co-existence which had to be amicable enough in the eyes of the law and whatever judge they had to go see in order to keep up with appearances.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
GRACE WILLIAMS
 Posted: May 20 2017, 01:12 PM
HUMAN
FIFTEEN
STUDENT

Grace was super excited for the competition. If they killed it, they'd be going to a big competition out of state and the idea of that kind of major trip was minor parental supervision sounded like heaven to the young teenager.

When you had a cop for a dad, you learned not to test your limits, which was probably why Grace was seen as such a good kid. She was just too smart to try anything dumb. But now that she was older, she felt like she had maybe banked up enough brownie points to spend on this.

"About that..." She grinned widely at her father, knowing he would most likely be the toughest to convince. "If we win this competition we have coming up, we get to go to the next one..." She stalled for a few seconds, a bit nervous for the next 2 words she was about to speak. "In California"

Grace was responsible. She was kind and level headed and talented. She could totally be trusted with this kind of thing...that is if her father ignored the fact that she was on a co-ed team and it was across the country. Not likely.

She wasn't even interested in any of the boys on her team. They were like big brothers to her, so that would be weird. Plus she'd never jeopardize that team for some relationship. The rest of them didn't deserve that. But regardless of how she felt, parents rarely listened to teenage girls on the matter of boys, so Grace didn't even bother.

It's after school gets out so I wouldn't miss and there would be chaperones and most of the time we'd be cheering or practicing. It's at Disneyland so it's totally kid friendly." It was basically mandatory for the team, but they all needed permission from their parents.

Grace wasn't the only one afraid she wouldn't be able to go, but she knew she was an integral part of the routines they had been planning, not only because she was good at what she did, but because she was one of the tiniest people on the team. She was a perfect flyer.

She tried not to jump to conclusions before she spoke to her parents about it, but it was hard. She already had the "but I can't let them down" argument at the ready just in case, but she knew better than to start with that.

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
THOSE WERE THE DAYS
WE OWNED THE NIGHT.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll