Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] You Don't Know My heart [OPEN]
VIRGINIA BLANCHARD
 Posted: Feb 6 2016, 06:17 PM
HUMAN
Thirty-one
Child caretaker

It was officially over. And she still didn't have her priorities straight. Between a rebellious teenager, two kids under the age of 10 one of which had special needs, and two babies under the age of two years old, Virginia had her hands full. Like today. She was taking the kids to the park for the first time since Winston left back in the fall. It still stung, especially waking up to an empty bed next to her. It meant that he was gone and there would be no hope of him coming back into hers' and the kids' lives. And though things were still stinging to her as if she were ripping off a bandage, Virginia was doing her hardest to stay strong in front of Annabel, Ethan, Delaney and the two youngest, who didn't have a clue about what was going on. But they couldn't know what was going on. Neither of them were barely a year of age; Jeremiah was but Wilhelmina (they called her Minnie for short) wasn't. She was only two months old, and Virginia found her to be too innocent to know what was going on with her parents. Walking into the park with Annabel pushing Jeremiah's stroller and Ethan helping push the one with Minnie sleeping inside, Virginia went to sit down finally to give her aching feet a rest. Having carried three children to term made things like her feet ache constantly, especially since they were always keeping her on her toes.

She didn't mind, though. She loved every second that she got to spend with the kids, even Annabel, who was growing up before her eyes. Virginia smiled at the teenager as Annabel ran around with Ethan & Delaney.

--------------------
BUY ME A ROSE
Call me from work. Open a door for me, what would it hurt?
Show me you love me by the look in your eyes
These are the little things I need the most in my life
PMEmail
^
PEGGY CARTER
 Posted: Apr 22 2016, 12:21 AM
HUMAN
TWENTY-SIX
SSR AGENT

YOU CAUGHT ME IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME SO I'LL JUST DIVE RIGHT IN. OH! YOUR IDEA OF ME? BLOWN AWAY. SOMETHING IN THE PAST TENSE JUST DIDN'T MAKE SENSE.
There were a great many things that Peggy had always known many wanted for her. Her family had wanted her to marry and take on a name that would better her life and to have children that she could pass her own family's traditions down to in time. They wanted her to make her husband proud; to keep a home worth showing off and to ensure her daughters - should she ever have any of her own - were taught how to be wives that any man would be proud to call his own.

There was a small - very small - part of herself that had worried that that would be the life she ended up settling for. There had been a brief period of time when she had once thought she found the man that she could have that life with. A man that held her attention just enough to matter and that Peggy could see herself stepping into the role of a respectful wife for, but that wasn't love - she had known from the first day the two had interacted that it never would be - so she had taken control of the situation and had made the best of a rebellious fling prior to him being drafted.

Once the war took over every ounce of life that anyone had to offer, it was hard to imagine a future beyond that; a time when the world was either submissive to the forces that they had lost against, or a time when the world was triumphant and in celebration of their victory. What then? Would she find work somewhere quiet to work, as if all she had seen, heard and endured in the war hadn't happened or would she opt to settle for a life everyone else felt would better suit her?

Or would she and the man she had truly and unbelievably fallen in love with through it all be the life that welcomed to her once it all came to an end? Would she and Grant find home in each other and choose to start a life alongside each other if the war didn't claim one or both of them? Those were questions that would never be answered, unfortunately, but Peggy preferred to believe that at the war's end, they would have chosen to be happy. Together. Whatever that meant.

Things were much, much different now. Both Peggy and Grant had been gifted with the life that neither one of them could have imagined for themselves in the forties; it was almost as though they fit together too perfectly in this life and in this time. Almost as if they had been meant to have their own version of 'happily ever after', regardless of where it was.

That didn't erase the fact that both had died, nor the wars that they had fought both separately and alongside each other prior to that. It didn't erase those they had lost, the things they had seen nor all that they had had to sacrifice, but truth be told? Peggy preferred it that way. She accepted every sleepless night spent thinking about those times because ti meant that she still kept every shred of humanity she had always been able to pride herself on, even if it felt - at times - like so much had been lost.

That was why the little life sitting in the stroller before her - that she rocked ever so gently with her foot - was a life that Peggy felt herself so drawn to. Seren was hardly her own child, he belonged to Peggy's newest friend Sera, but he was a glimpse of the future that Peggy had been desperate to figure out since the moment she had been brought back from the dead. Seeing something so fresh, so innocent and so flawless stepping into a world that was no longer wrapped in the wars that she and Grant had fought... To see something that she, too, might have one day...

It kept her hopeful.

There were moments when the brunette found herself lost in the novel she was trying to get through, but those moments were broken up with coos from the stroller as the infant watched the sky. Letting out breathy laughs at the clouds that rolled in and out of his view, or at the birds overhead that caught his curious attention. Her brown eyes were always on the baby as he interacted with the world around him, offering encouraging and appreciative smiles that he was still far too young to understand.

There were a great many other children at the park that day, and just as many watchful adults, but it was hard for Peggy to take her attention off the little man that had her wrapped around his tiny little finger. Her own index finger tickled at the infant's clothed tummy as his little feet kicked wildly in excitement - something about the birds he seemed to find quite amusing - as she shook her head in slight wonder. "You're having a good time, I see..."

--------------------
cause baby you're a force of nature
I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT MY HANDS ARE SHAKING. I CAN SEE YOU COMING, AND I STAND HERE WAITING. I FEEL YOUR LIPS MOVING AND THEY TAKE ME UNDER, YOU KNOW JUST WHAT TO DO, HOW TO MAKE ME WANT YOU. I KNOW I SHOULD TAKE COVER, HIDE INSIDE THESE FOUR WALLS BUT BABY I SURRENDER IT ALL BECAUSE YOU'RE A FORCE OF NATURE, LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE. I CAN TASTE THE DANGER, AND I DON'T WANNA RUN SO HOLD ME TO THE GROUND AND I WON'T PUT UP A FIGHT BUT YOU'RE A FORCE OF NATURE.
IT'S TOO LATE NOW, I LET YOU GET TOO CLOSE; I SURRENDER
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
VIRGINIA BLANCHARD
 Posted: Apr 24 2016, 09:23 PM
HUMAN
Thirty-one
Child caretaker

Virginia had seen how most others were attentive to all of their children, and she knew that was true about herself because she didn't lose focus on any of them for one second. She made sure to focus on each of them at the same time, even her former husband's niece & nephew. They were her greatest helpers and Virginia couldn't have asked for better ones. Glancing up when she saw – or heard rather – the soft tone which another female with a stroller, Virginia let a smile curl her lips. Despite what she was feeling inside by her now broken marriage, Virginia was putting on a brave face in front of the kids because she didn't want to fall apart in front of them. It wouldn't be fair and she didn't want them to know that things weren't okay between herself and Winston because they weren't, and Virginia was still reeling from everything that had happened since the months after Wilhelmina arrived. Somehow the thread that was their marriage had begun to unravel a little at a time and Virginia felt that she was more to blame than he was. It was how her first marriage to Zachary had fallen apart in the first place. How was she going to be able to bounce back once everything was said and done at the end?

--------------------
BUY ME A ROSE
PMEmail
^
PEGGY CARTER
 Posted: Apr 24 2016, 11:46 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-SIX
SSR AGENT

YOU CAUGHT ME IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME SO I'LL JUST DIVE RIGHT IN. OH! YOUR IDEA OF ME? BLOWN AWAY. SOMETHING IN THE PAST TENSE JUST DIDN'T MAKE SENSE.
There were very, very, very few instances when Peggy wasn't aware of her surroundings. Having come from a time of war - the second World War, to be exact - she had learned very early on in her career not to trust her surroundings. Something so seemingly delicate, natural and beautiful could very easily be lined with cruelties that only the cruellest minds could conceive.

Fortunately, she hadn't been on a battlefield in quite sometime and she very much doubted that the playground - made specifically for children - was of any immediate danger to she or the infant that was in her care for the afternoon. Still, Peggy wasn't at all oblivious to the other brunette woman - one that had a few children of her own, or so it seemed - that was handing Peggy a small smile.

Did she think that she, too, was a mother? That thought, Peggy wouldn't deny, warmed her in a way she hadn't expected. Was she a mother? No, she was not, but that didn't at all mean there wasn't a part of her - a very large part - that wasn't holding out for that blessing. Peggy knew that lately, she had been hoping motherhood came to her sooner rather than later, in fact... but good things come to those who wait, even if the waiting was the hardest part.

Still rocking the stroller with one foot, Peggy couldn't help but to return the small smile that the mother - at least she assumed she was the mother of the other children - had offered her. She wasn't entirely sure what the proper park-etiquette was - should he introduce herself to the other parents and guardians that showed interest in conversation or keep to herself? - so she opted for the latter, if only for the time being.

--------------------
I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT MY HANDS ARE SHAKING. I CAN SEE YOU COMING, AND I STAND HERE WAITING. I FEEL YOUR LIPS MOVING AND THEY TAKE ME UNDER, YOU KNOW JUST WHAT TO DO, HOW TO MAKE ME WANT YOU. I KNOW I SHOULD TAKE COVER, HIDE INSIDE THESE FOUR WALLS BUT BABY I SURRENDER IT ALL BECAUSE YOU'RE A FORCE OF NATURE, LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE. I CAN TASTE THE DANGER, AND I DON'T WANNA RUN SO HOLD ME TO THE GROUND AND I WON'T PUT UP A FIGHT BUT YOU'RE A FORCE OF NATURE.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
VIRGINIA BLANCHARD
 Posted: May 6 2016, 10:45 AM
HUMAN
Thirty-one
Child caretaker

Despite everything that Virginia had been through, she felt that all that she'd held onto was the thread which was starting to unravel between her and Winston. She was still struggling. And she probably always would. But right now she had to put her focus onto her kids and step-niece & step-nephew. They were her main focus. Heaving out a shaky sigh, the brunette turns back to the stroller in front of her and gave the infant inside a soft & warm smile as Wilhelmina began to wake up while rubbing at her eyes. “Someone must be hungry, yeah?” Luckily for Virginia, she had plenty of bottles ready so that Wilhelmina could eat and Virginia could feel accomplished that she'd a goal for the day. Pulling the bottle out, Virginia gave it a gentle shake; moving her hand back and forth several times before she set it down on the bench before reaching into the stroller and plucking Wilhelmina then set the infant in her lap. Situating the little girl a bit, Virginia finally picked the bottle up and let Wilhelmina have it; the infant's tiny fingers closing around the outside of the bottle. Virginia smiles at this. She was proud of each of her kids learning on their own, since she was struggling enough as it was with raising them and going back to school.

--------------------
BUY ME A ROSE
PMEmail
^
PEGGY CARTER
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 06:17 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-SIX
SSR AGENT

Peggy could hardly be oblivious to the fact that every single person going about their everyday lives - that every adult there that day with a child - had their own story to tell. Despite all that had changed since the war that she had fought, that was one of the few things that had remained the same. Everyone was still entitled to their individuality; everyone still lived their own lives freely even if, at times, others tried to take that freedom from them.

Every parent's situation was different. Some were still in loving, committed relationships, others were parenting on their own for various different reasons. Preference, loss, accidents... There would always, always be a part of her that wondered if the older ways being tossed out the window had anything to do with that, of course.

There was a time, after all, when one was meant to save themselves for marriage. Peggy couldn't deny that there were a great many who hadn't honoured that belief - she had been one of them - but there was no denying that there seemed to have been something about doing just that that seemed to have so few relationships ending compared to the vast numbers in today's day and age that didn't make it nearly as far.

Perhaps saving yourself for the one person you deem worthy enough to give yourself to truly and completely offered something that many now overlooked.

Then again, Grant hadn't been Peggy's first. She had been his, yes, but he had not been hers. Still, she knew in her heart that should the two of them decide to take this step together and bring a child into the world that no force on Earth would be strong enough to separate their family because both she and Grant had waited to bear their hearts and their souls; they had waited for the right partner.

A small smile touched Peggy's lips at the thought of that. Well, the thought of that and the sight of another woman offering a bottle to the small child that she had hoisted onto her lap. It was always heartwarming to see a child taken care of.

"You seem to be a natural at that." Clearly the other woman had some experience with children, whether the ones she was tending to for the day were hers or otherwise.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
VIRGINIA BLANCHARD
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 09:28 PM
HUMAN
Thirty-one
Child caretaker

“This is actually my third child, but two of the children playing over there aren't mine. They're my husband's niece & nephew,” Virginia said with a smile and a nod as she looks back down at her months old little girl Willow. She had come a long way from being a mother to Delaney and a newly single mom who had tentatively reached out to her former husband as a friend when he lost his job. Virginia had found her soul mate in Winston Blanchard, but now she would have to depend on herself for getting herself back onto her feet. She would have her best friend Tyson and she'd have others to help her, but most of bouncing back would have to come from Virginia herself. Her fingers are gentle as they brush Willow's hair back out of her face, a soft smile on her lips. She had to work through this for her kids' sake, and for the sake of Annabel & Ethan. For them, she had to stay strong. Letting out a shaky breath, she looks back up at the other woman. “I seemed to have forgotten my manners.” Virginia extended the hand she had partially free to shake the other woman's. “I'm Virginia Spencer Blanchard, and you are?” She'd been so preoccupied with taking care of Willow that she had been so oblivious to the woman sitting next to her.

--------------------
BUY ME A ROSE
PMEmail
^
PEGGY CARTER
 Posted: May 14 2017, 05:52 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-SIX
SSR AGENT

A gentle smile touched Peggy's lips as the woman informed her that she was on her third child; she couldn't quite explain why, but it was always warming to hear that people continued to long to have families of their own. Perhaps a large part of that warming feeling each time she saw it for herself was due to the fact that there had been so much loss that this world had seen.

It was awful to have lived in a time - much as Peggy had - that saw so many families ripped and torn apart, never to be mended. Young men drafted to the second world war while homes and towns fell victim to attacks that took so many lives from this world. It was knowing that there had been victory and time to recover that gave Peggy a small sense that something she had done had actually mattered back then...

"You seem to have your hands full, then!" Peggy could only imagine what it must be like to be surrounded by so many children at any given time; she had only ever cared for one - her best friend's infant son Seren - and even he was a handful when he wanted to be.

Peggy had to lean forward to shake the woman's hand but was more than welcoming to the introduction. She hadn't many friends in New Orleans - or anywhere else, if she were to be completely honest - so she was always open to new connections.

"It's truly a pleasure to meet you! My name is Peggy; my significant other and I are still quite new to town so we haven't had the fortune of meeting too many people as of yet." That was a bit of a white lie: the two had met plenty of faces within the Scientific Strategic Reserve, but not so much outside of work.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
VIRGINIA BLANCHARD
 Posted: May 15 2017, 02:14 PM
HUMAN
Thirty-one
Child caretaker

Yes, Virginia certainly did have her hands full. Raising her three children sure brought on a lot of energy that Virginia didn't think she really had. It took a lot of bouncing, crying, soothing, minor injuries – little cuts and stuff – and being a mother hen, and an all-together mother to her kids, in order for Virginia to feel like she was doing the right thing in raising Delaney, Jeremiah and Willow on her own. “It's very nice to meet you as well, Peggy. I do hope that you'll enjoy it in New Orleans.” New Orleans had been the place where Virginia was born, but she didn't stick around there for long; having been sent to Oklahoma when she was two weeks old. Ever since that day, Virginia has been struggling to find her place. Find her home. But she'd always known that New Orleans would be her home, and her kids would be too. “Did you move here for work, or just to find a new place to live?”

Virginia was curious about how the woman had come to live in New Orleans but wouldn't push it, especially since her attention seems to drift off toward one of her kids' hands slipping off the monkey bars. On full alert, Virginia gently set Willow back into the stroller before looking at the woman. “Do you mind…?” Virginia waits for the nod before getting to her feet and rushing off toward the playground area, kneeling down beside Delaney; checking for injuries before seeing that Delaney was okay and helping her to her feet.

--------------------
BUY ME A ROSE
PMEmail
^
PEGGY CARTER
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 10:59 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-SIX
SSR AGENT

Quite a few people seemed to believe that New Orleans was a place that naturally grew on everyone, and that neither Peggy nor Grant would be an exception to that expectation. It was a night thought... to think that someday this busy, chaotic city would one day feel like home when neither knew exactly what home felt like.

Perhaps that wasn't completely true... Home - prior to the war, at least - had been with her parents and her brother. Testing their limits and their expectations of her if only for a reaction. Home had been defiance and determination; not one of her minor rebellions had earned her condemnation to her bedroom without a warm meal. There were frustrations at times, but there had also been love.

After that... not many would ever believe that home could be felt in the midst of bloodshed and screams, explosions and gunfire... but for Peggy and Grant, home had been as simple a feeling as those warm moments they spent together late at night when the skies poured and everyone had retreated to their own tents for the night. Home had been feeling his eyes on her when she walked into a room and home had been that feeling of her heart ready to beat right out of her chest when she saw him and his men walking back onto the grounds after an excruciatingly long or dangerous mission.

They had felt and shared many homes, in that sense... Home now consisted of nothing more and nothing less than being with each other, wherever that may be. New Orleans would just be another city as far as they were concerned... but that white house on a quiet hill where they awoke together and fell asleep together would be home.

Offering the brunette a gentle smile, Peggy realized she would have to take the time to map out the logistics of her stay in New Orleans as far as civilians were concerned. For now, there were ways to answer such questions without giving much of anything away.

"A bit of both, actually. My partner and I are eager to settle down; this city offered us the chance to do just that while remaining employed." It wasn't quite the truth, but it wasn't as though Peggy was able to offer much information in regards to her career and her reason for being in New Orleans to much of anyone, least of all a stranger.

As she left to tend to one of her children, Peggy glanced down at the small child that remained in her stroller. The one that Virginia had asked to leave in Peggy's care while she checked on the child that had slipped from the monkey bars. Truthfully, Peggy had very little experience with children, but much as she had known she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Grant, she knew she wanted to one day carry his child so that they, too, could spend days at the playground with the children they had created together.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll