Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.

Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] When all those shadows almost killed your light [INVITES]
CAROLINE FORBES
 Posted: Oct 18 2016, 05:37 PM
VAMPIRE
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

user posted image

THEN I'LL GO BACK TO WHERE I'M RESCUING A STRANGER JUST BECAUSE THEY NEEDED SAVING. JUST LIKE THAT, I'M HERE AGAIN. BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DANGER, I GUESS THAT'S JUST MY NATURE. MY DAD WAS WRONG; I'M NOT LIKE MY MOM.

As much as Caroline tried to push the events that had led her to Damon Salvatore's front door that evening, there was no way to do just that. Taking a life was never, never easy and as someone who had only taken three? It was shaking Caroline to her core.

Yes, three lives were a lot when it came to murder, Caroline knew that. She also knew that beings - like Damon - had taken far more lives than that, both out of boredom and a lack of control over their inner vampire. So many vampires - especially in their earliest years - took innocent lives not because they wanted to but because they weren't able to control themselves from doing so. Others thrived on sadism and chose to murder relentlessly for amusement and personal gratification. Damon had been a fan of both columns at one point or another in his long life.

But Caroline... Caroline had had more control than Damon and Stefan combined in her earliest years as a new vampire. Her first night as a vampire had resulted in one innocent life lost at a school carnival while the other two had been the lives of her mother's local deputies when they had been trying to murder the Salvatore brothers after learning that they - like Caroline - were vampires.

This werewolf that she had had to kill purely out of self defence that evening made her fourth and it chilled her blood to think that she had actually added another casualty to her list. Sure, the list of lives she had taken didn't even compare to the lists belonging to beings like Damon or Klaus, but four lives were four lives too many and as a vampire with all of her humanity intact? She felt it. Every single day.

Something would have to be done about the body; she knew Damon would want to burn it or something of the sort but Caroline couldn't bear the thought of just covering up what had happened as if it hadn't happened at all. This werewolf - despite what Damon might believe - was a person. A person who likely had friends and family... who worked or went to school, who loved and was loved. They were going to have to tell someone about this while trying to keep Caroline's name away from the murder as much as they possibly could because no one was going to believe it had been an accident. No one was going to believe that a poor, defenceless little vampire had been frolicking around in the woods and had been attacked by the big bad wolf.

No, they would accuse Caroline of crossing into werewolf territories - which she hadn't. They would say she lured the werewolf out in hopes of killing it and sparking a war between the wolves and the vampires. They would theorize that Caroline had made a move against Marcel; the Mikaelson's first move against him and they would ask for her blood in exchange for the life she had taken.

Marcel might feel conflicted if the people of his city began to turn on him for failing to find a way to keep the Mikaelson family in line. He might find a way to end Caroline's life 'accidentally' by permitting the wolves - in secret, of course - to hunt her. Maybe his vampires (who were far older than she was) would corner her and bury her alive in that God-awful garden of his... or maybe he'd make a public spectacle of her death in the middle of the city, much as he did with the death's of the witches that wronged him.

Caroline didn't want to endure that and she sure as hell didn't want her daughter falling witness to her mother's demise like that. Caroline had more recently lost her own mother; she couldn't imagine putting Avelina through that pain.

Damon, too, had a daughter which was why Caroline didn't barge right in to the Salvatore's mansion. Given the late hour of the night, Vivienne was more than likely in bed and while she - like Avelina - had grown so fast over the years, even teenage hybrids needed their rest. Instead, the blonde vampire knocked, softly at that, in hopes that it would be enough for either Damon to hear because she needed him now more than ever. An amusing thought coming from the girl he had senselessly mauled and raped on more than one occasion but now that she, too, was a vampire, Caroline was more understanding of the emotions Damon had turned off and of his self-destructive ways years ago.

He may not be perfect, but neither was she and while she had a family of equally as imperfect vampires back home, none would be willing to compromise their family's integrity just to cover up one of Caroline's own many mistakes, especially when they were trying to win favour with Marcel rather than loose favour...

--------------------
give me love like hers; we can burn this out

GIVE ME LOVE LIKE NEVER BEFORE; I'M CRAVING MORE
PMWebsiteAIM
^
DAMON SALVATORE
 Posted: Nov 1 2016, 09:09 PM
VAMPIRE
Twenty Five
Stay at Home Dad

Damon’s attention went from the laptop sitting casually in his lap to the sound of the knocking on the front door, the moment it started. His gaze looked at it curiously, wondering who the hell could be coming to his door this late at night and what they wanted. He almost hoped that it was some sort of annoying salesman or along the same lines, so he at least could have some fun scaring him off.

Not long ago he would of just taken a bite out of someone coming to his door and be done with it. Or played with them before taking a bite. Truth be told he could easily still be that sort of person if he decided to. But he had a daughter now, and he had to at least try and be a good role model. And if he could he would protect her from any of the pain that had caused him to turn off his humanity.

It hadn’t been too hard for him to turn it off back then, who wouldn’t fall into that temptation? To turn off any pain, guilt, suffering, and just be free to do whatever the hell you wanted to, it was liberating. He had enjoyed it, he wouldn’t lie and say he didn’t. He wouldn’t lie and say that he couldn’t have stopped, that it was out of his control, that he had been Ripper. He knew what he had been doing when he killed, when he hurt people, when he used them how he wanted. And to lie and say that it had been for a greater good, would just be pathetic and honestly, more insulting to himself and the people he had hurt.

They knew, the survivors, that it hadn’t been because of some bigger picture. Of course, there was always a bigger picture in mind, but he didn’t have to do the things he did to get to it. He just did, because he could. That was in the past now. He turned back on all those emotions. Not for himself, but for the daughter that laid asleep in her room the floor above.

There were very few people in this world that he would give his life to keep safe, he was a selfish creature after all. His wife and daughter were the only two, really. If it came down to their lives and anyone else’s? They better be prepared, because there was no force in heaven or hell that would stop him. And he’d feel nothing at all while he cut them down into pieces and wondering what they should get his daughter for her birthday.

Damon didn’t bother hiding his surprise as he looked in the eye-hole to see that Caroline Forbes was the one standing on his door step in the middle of the night. He didn’t bother waiting, but opened the door before leaning against the door frame arms crossed over his chest.

He wondered what on earth had happened to cause her to come all the way out here to his home in the dead of night without even a phone call. It wasn’t typical, and meant one, either Caroline suddenly decide to want a tour of the mansion, or something had gone wrong somewhere. That was of course, always when Damon was the most useful. He wasn’t judgmental like most the other people that surrounded Caroline’s life. Lord knew most of the Mikaelson’s would throw you out the door if you gave their family a bad name, no matter how shit they were on their own. And Stefan would just give you the pained , constipated look of “I’m not upset just disappointed, even though when I lose control not even babies are safe, but I still have the right to judge internally”

Damon absolutely hated that look. He’d been the receiver of it too much for his likes.

”Well isn’t this a surprise. What is Caroline Forbes doing at my door step? It’s a little late in the year for an April’s Fools. And I don’t do lost pet requests. “ Damon arched an eyebrow at her while staring ”So, what happened to bring you here?”

--------------------
And I've grown familiar with villains that live in my head
They beg me to write them so I'll never die when I'm dead
PMAIM
^
CAROLINE FORBES
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 08:40 PM
VAMPIRE
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

user posted image

THEN I'LL GO BACK TO WHERE I'M RESCUING A STRANGER JUST BECAUSE THEY NEEDED SAVING. JUST LIKE THAT, I'M HERE AGAIN. BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DANGER, I GUESS THAT'S JUST MY NATURE. MY DAD WAS WRONG; I'M NOT LIKE MY MOM.

Caroline's blue eyes were wide as the front door to the Salvatore's mansion swung open, Damon standing both tall and curious on the other side. There was a lingering sensation - almost like a phantom pain - from when the blonde vampire had been human. She could practically feel her heart still pounding in her chest from the pure fright and adrenaline; how her heart would pound wildly in her chest after running from something that truly terrified her... It wasn't now - it couldn't - but she was that terrified for herself right there in the moment that the memory of it filled her mind.

A great many might argue that Caroline's safest bet was to run home to her loving family that consisted of Original vampires and Original hybrids. That there were no other beings in the world that were better equipped at protecting someone than they were, but Caroline knew better.

Was their family strong? Absolutely. Did they have the power needed to fend off just about enemy that dared cross them? Without a doubt. That didn't mean that it was done without moral or without thought; Elijah alone ensured their family clung to their humanity even when nine times out of ten, it seemed as if the family did everything to refrain from doing so.

"I..." Killed someone. Caroline couldn't get the words out; not again. She could practically see the smirk on Klaus' face when he had learned she had taken a life years before and she could predict Kol's amusement with the situation; Kol was always up for a fight, especially against werewolves. This would be the start of a war, if he and Klaus both had their ways which had Caroline's stomach in knots.

Much as Elijah's future disappointment did, and much as Avelina's sadness at the thought of her mother taking a life surely would. Caroline had a great many secrets and that was something she had never felt guilty over. This could easily be another secret so long as she had the right help to cover it up, but going home to admit her faults to a family that would both shame her and rejoice at the opportunity for more bloodshed? It wasn't an option.

"I..." She tried again, her eyes still wide as if the shock of the situation had yet to shake itself off and away from her. "There was an accident." That wasn't necessarily the truth, but the words began pouring out of Caroline's mouth faster than she could account for. "There was an accident and I was involved in it and I'm standing here because I don't know what to do."

Who was to say that Damon had all the answers? He could go either way, really. Take the opportunity to make a move on the wolves of the Bayou or agree to help Caroline cover this up - though likely without wanting something in return. Still, he was technically her sire; didn't he owe her this much?

--------------------

PMWebsiteAIM
^
DAMON SALVATORE
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 09:57 PM
VAMPIRE
Twenty Five
Stay at Home Dad

Damon was getting more and more curious about what would have been such a bad accident that Caroline felt the need to come to his home instead of her own. She had a whole house full of vampires back there she could get to do whatever she needed done. Unless it was something that they couldn’t know about.

While the Mikealsons considered themselves to be top dogs in the vampire world, being one of them wasn’t exactly a blessing. That family was more screwed up and twisted around then his own, which was saying a few things.

You had Elijah, the moral compass who wouldn’t hesitate to put a stake through your chest if you crossed those morals. Kol, who thought that everything in the world was a joke and could do what he wanted, Rebehka who’s own wants tend to outweigh the wants of the masses in her mind, and of course Caroline’s own husband Klaus, who would use anything done for his advantage, even if it meant using his wife.

Granted, Damon wasn’t the picture perfect model of what an innocent vampire should look like. He knew he was impulsive, rash, and uncaring with most beings. He’d done plenty of questionable, not so moral things in his past, in fact one of the victims of those actions was now standing in front of him. Of course, Damon also didn’t try and stab you with a stake when you did something morally wrong , like a few people he could name.

In the past, Damon’s actions towards Caroline hadn’t been kind. In fact they were cruel and unfeeling. He had used her in a fit of his anger and because she made a good tool against his brother and Elena.

He had been bitter, unfeeling, and uncaring about who he hurt so long as it got him what he wanted. He didn’t care if the whole world hated him, so long as he had what he was aiming for.

Those days though were long past, confronted and resolved. Damon had everything he had been wanting for years all in the home that was at his back. Katherine was there and married to him, and their daughter was growing up, and would never be without anything if Damon had his way. There was no need for him anymore to make schemes and use people like Caroline, not when he had to be an example to someone else now.

“What sort of accident? If you spilt blood on the carpet, take my advice, just buy a new carpet, it never gets out.” Damon looked at her with questioning eyes, waiting to hear what happened that he was needed. “[/b]” I can’t tell you what to do if I don’t know what happened, Caroline. Though it must be something big, if you aren’t at home getting someone from there…”[/b]

--------------------
PMAIM
^
CAROLINE FORBES
 Posted: May 8 2017, 07:40 PM
VAMPIRE
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

user posted image

It was no surprise that Damon hadn't assumed that Caroline had taken a life that night; she was full of morals, values and more self-restraint than any of the vampires in her life were so much as capable of showing. Even after her attempts to scrub herself clean when Tyler had ushered her out of the woods, the scent of blood still found her nose every now and again; she wondered if Damon was able to pick up on that...

His sarcasm was met by an obvious narrowing of her blue eyes; Caroline knew that Damon could be quite the joker and that he believed in sarcasm more than he believed on God, but there was a time and a place for that. As far as she was concerned, this wasn't it.

"Do you really think I would be standing here if I spilled blood on the carpet?" If anyone knew how to get a stain out of a fabric, it was Caroline Forbes, after all.

Damon wasn't stupid enough to think that this wasn't as big and serious an issue as it was, thankfully. He knew that Caroline had connections to some of the most powerful and ruthless beings in New Orleans; if she could, she would easily call on them to right any wrong she felt that they could take care of on her behalf...

But it wasn't as easy as relying on the Mikaelson family. This went so well above and beyond that it had Caroline Forbes on Damon Salvatore's front doorstep at this ungodly hour, ready to bed, plead and cry until he gave in and helped her take care of this situation.

"I..." There was an obvious hesitation as Caroline opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. For a moment, she considered telling him to forget it, turning around and leaving... but she knew that there was no way in hell she could take care of this on her own.

She had to have faith that Damon would be willing to realize that there was a bond between them, after all that he had done to her in the past. That he was her sire, technically, and that she had been there for him through thick and thin. She had supported his relationship with Katherine when no one else had been willing to do so, and she had been there to help him raise Vivienne - as her aunt, for all intents and purposes - so he wouldn't have to bear that burden alone.

Her blue eyes were on his as she shook her head in slight disbelief. Disbelief that she was even in this situation to begin with as she opened her mouth once again to speak.

"...I killed someone."

--------------------

PMWebsiteAIM
^
DAMON SALVATORE
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 12:23 AM
VAMPIRE
Twenty Five
Stay at Home Dad

The shock on his face would of been clear as Caroline uttered the last words he had expected from her. His hand instantly went out and grabbed her wrist, dragging her into his house and kicking the door shut behind him. He moved quickly and with purpose to lead her into the living room and sat her down on the couch.

"Sit there. Don't move." Before he could hear her response, he was gone, using his vampire speed to zoom through the house to his kitchen. He made quick work to the liquor cabinet held there, his old friend he used to use every night a few years back. He poured a glass of whiskey into one of the delicate tumblers there. After a quick look he said fuck it, and drank the glass quickly before pouring another glass and moving back into the living room.

He pressed the glass into Caroline's hand tightly staring at her as he did "Drink it, all of it. Now." Before he started pacing back and forth in front of the couch she was sitting on. While he waited for her to drink the Whiskey, which he knew would help calm the nerves she must be feeling.

Damon wasn't really nervous about the dead body he was sure was out there somewhere. He had buried dead bodies plenty of time, and sometimes just didn't bother burying them. When you were a vampire like Damon, dead bodies was just another tuesday night. But that wasn't who Caroline was.

Her sire knew that life hadn't been a piece of cake for Caroline these last few years. Being married to Klaus for one must be hell, he who was always in trouble in one way or another. And then the death of her mother...who Caroline was so close to. It couldn't of been easy to be that close to a person, a parent, and then lose them like that. And then to have a family of people who wouldn't even understand that pain. Damon wasn't the most empathetic creatures out there...but even he could imagine the hell she had been trying to deal with.

So the question was... what happened to cause this body? Was it really an accident like Caroline had said, like he would of believed a few years ago? Or was she slipping to deep and starting to turn into...well him? He had known her for years , they had become close, even closer since their daughters births. And while he wasn't someone who had compassion or soft feelings, he wasn't going to sit and watch her go down. No matter if it was an accident or if she was slipping.

Damon sat on the coffee table in front of Caroline , serious eyes on her own , as he reached out and took the glass from her hand and placed it next to him. "Tell me what happened. Everything that happened Caroline. The truth. You are gonna explain, then I'm going to get on shoes that can get dirty, and we are going to go fix the issue."

--------------------
PMAIM
^
CAROLINE FORBES
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 03:49 PM
VAMPIRE
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

user posted image

The look on Damon's face near broke Caroline's heart; he wasn't one to wear many expressions. This one only seemed to drill home the fact that she had really, really screwed things up this time...

His hand grasped her wrist as he roughly dragged her into the house, kicking the door loudly shut behind her. She didn't have much of a choice but to be led by him into the large living room and to be pushed down into a seated position on the couch. Damon was older - therefore stronger - than Caroline was, and truth be told? She wasn't looking to pick a fight with much of anyone right now after the way her night had gone.

She was silently complacent as Damon instructed her to sit there and not to move. She trusted him enough to refrain from calling Klaus; Damon wasn't exactly a fan of the Mikaleson family so she knew better than to assume he was going to call the family she had married herself into. Klaus couldn't fix this in a way that would leave Caroline feeling comfortable with her decision to reach out to him. He'd wipe the entire pack of werewolves out that would surely want her head for what had happened... and she couldn't live her life with that many deaths on her shoulders.

It didn't take long for Damon to return back to the living room; a glass of liquor being thrust into Caroline's hand as he demanded she drink its entire contents.

There was once a point in time when Caroline wouldn't have trusted anything that Damon had offered her to drink simply because she would have suspected it be laced with vervain. Now, however? Now they had been through so much together that despite every flashing neon sign telling Caroline to trust literally anyone else, she always found herself relying on the one person that hadn't been able to prove himself as trustworthy until Caroline had really needed him to.

Damon knew firsthand what it was like to suffer through trial and trial... He knew what it felt like to have one thing go massively wrong, only to create a snowball-effect that had everything else in your life slowly straying towards the worst, as well.

She had joined a family via marriage that was no stranger to chaos, controversy and a severe lack of compassion not long after she had lost a relationship she had thought would lead her to the alter with Tyler. Her father had tortured her mercilessly in hopes of ridding her of her inner vampire and her mother had passed... It felt like there was no end without piling this on top of it.

Lifting the glass to her lips, Caroline's red lipstick stained the rim of the glass as she drank back the strong liquor; her face squinting in slight distaste as Damon took the now-emptied glass from her hands to place on the coffee table next to him as he sat down atop it.

Bringing her blue eyes up to his, Caroline could feel the alcohol easing away her nerves, bringing her to realize that that was Damon's hope. That if he could have her consume just enough alcohol in one go, she'd loosen up enough to be honest with him. No feelings, no emotions, just honesty so that he could help her deal with this smoothly and effectively.

"I was attacked." Something that wasn't a first given Caroline's nature: she was a vampire and not a lot of people viewed vampires as the cheerful, cuddly-type when in truth, Caroline was the carebear of vampires. She hadn't ever wanted to give in to instinct; she had just wanted to enjoy her life as a teenager back when she had first been turned.

"I was in the woods and a werewolf attacked me; it didn't bite me but it would have... I just barely overpowered it. Not that I wanted to overpower it..." Anyone that knew Caroline would know that she would have wanted to escape, leaving the werewolf alive and breathing and leaving her unbitten and far enough away to prevent a second attack. "I don't know if I was on its territory, or if it was just particularly discriminatory against vampires..."

Yet there was almost a numbness in her voice. Caroline had been hysterical the first time that she had taken a human life, mere hours after she had been turned.

"Tyler found me; I didn't want him to help because if another pack knew he was protecting a vampire that just killed one of their own, they'd turn on him." They'd turn on him and find a way to hunt him down before mauling him - slowly, at that - and killing him. Caroline couldn't be the reason for Tyler's death. She refused.

"But I... I almost don't care... about that. About the death." She felt desensitized to it, like she had seen too many deaths to truly be as effected by it as she once had been. Was that what being married to Klaus was bound to do to her? Knowing he had no qualms in ending a life that chose to go against him without so much as a single thought to that victim's friends, family, children, parents...

"I know they'll have my scent and I'm willing to deal with that when the time comes, but I'm more worried about Tyler..." About what would happen when they had his scent along with Caroline's...

--------------------

PMWebsiteAIM
^
DAMON SALVATORE
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 04:52 PM
VAMPIRE
Twenty Five
Stay at Home Dad

Nobody knows that,
you've got a heavy soul
Damon listened to Caroline, taking in every detail about her story. He didn’t find it odd that the wolf attacked her. And he doubted that it was anything to do with territory or even a hatred of vampires. If Damon was a werewolf in New Orleans, underpowered, being kept on a leash by Marcel and the Mikealson’s who thought themselves above all others, what would he do?

He would start off by finding everything that there was to know about those vamps that kept him oppressed. Find their weak points and plan to strike them. Everyone knew Caroline was married to Klaus, everyone knew that they had a child, but that child was powerful much like an Original. Caroline would be an obvious choice for him.

He would bite her and take her hostage. Allow the bite to slowly poison her while making a deal with Klaus, from a secure location. No. Not a secure location. He would use someone else to make the deal so he wasn’t the one to be killed when Klaus lost his temper. He wouldn’t mind her suffering, after all her people made his suffer every day. From there the ending would be determined by Klaus and the deal.

Of course, that would just be what Damon would do…

So which was it? Territory, hatred, or bigger plot afoot with the wolves?

It didn’t really matter either way, what mattered was now they had to go make sure that Tyler wasn’t going to get his head chopped off for helping the situation. Caroline was a smart girl and she had been right when she said Tyler shouldn’t have helped. It was a nice gesture, but he was painting a target on his back for the rest of his kind, and that would eventually lead back to everyone he was close to…including Caroline.

Damon wished he could have been shocked about how Caroline felt. But he wasn’t. Not anymore. There had been too much pain…too much tragedy in her life, why would it be surprising that someone was dead? Hell, they killed people…they were vampires, Damon couldn’t count the number of lives on both his hands.

” Caroline, that thing was trying to kill you. It would of killed you if you weren’t as strong as you are. You protected yourself. If you told me you went out on a street to kill some random person and didn’t feel anything about it? That’d be different. That would be…well, me. “ Maybe once when he was younger he would of cared…but those days were long dead. ” This? This is that mutt’s fault who tried to kill you. And it could have been someone else. It could have been your kid that they attacked for no reason other than being what you are or where you were. Feeling nothing about killing someone who’d do that…well I’d say that’s normal.”

Damon stood up , brushing invisible dust off the tops of his jean covered thighs, looking down at Caroline on the couch. ” As for good old, Tyler. Well we are going to go save his ass before someone hands him his. We’re going to go back to the scene and change the scents that are there up. “ Damon thought about it for a moment before continuing , ” And clean up whatever evidence he left behind, which im sure he did. Doesn’t really make it a habit of cleaning up scenes does he?”

He looked at Caroline carefully, watching her expressions, his voice less harsh then before, ” We’ll fix it. And we are not telling your husband’s family either. The last thing we need is first , Klaus getting jealous and going after Tyler for some idiotic reason, and second a pack of wolves going after you and Avelina because the Mikaelson’s can’t control their temper. And coming from me, that’s saying something.”
BY MITZI

--------------------
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll