Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.

Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] Want to see it all give me more [INVITES]
MATT DONOVAN
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 01:55 AM
HUMAN
Twenty-one
Brewery owner

I'm bursting like the 4th of July

So colour me and blow me away

Matt Donovan wasn't the best at anything. He pretended to be. He was good at a lot of things, but he was never the best. Generally, he was okay with that. He was reconciled with the fact that he was going to be mediocre at just about everything he did.

So he was really proud of himself when he succeeded in anything. Because it meant he was not a total screw-up, and he was more than just a jock with no brains. He was a business owner now, and he was doing a pretty damn good job if you asked him. He and Tyler had been working their asses off for this, so he knew their work was worth it.

Running a restaurant was tough, man. He knew it would be going in; he wasn't a complete idiot. But they were realizing every day the tiny details that they would never have known would go into owning a restaurant. Like receipt paper. Where the hell do you buy receipt paper? They spent a day writing out receipts on scrap paper until they could go and buy some rolls.

But they were doing well with it, and had a steady flow of customers. A lot of regulars, some new ones, a lot of tourists...The restaurant wasn't hurting, and it filled him with pride that they had done this. They had kept it running. He hadn't been this proud since his football days. He had been a pretty damn good football player, and he used to be proud to be the human jock surrounded by immortal vampires. But now he wanted to be more than that.

Alaric was training him to be a hunter, but not because he wanted to go after his friends or any old vampire. His friends had all been attacked by the supernatural too many times and he was sick of standing by just watching. He may be human but he could fight, and he wanted to be able to help. But since the opening of the restaurant, his time was pretty much cut, so he didn't have time for training or football anymore. He wanted that to change though - he was getting lazy, and he missed being out there sweating and working his muscles.

At the restaurant, he and Ty typically switched shifts so they didn't get overwhelmed. Today, Matt was on the floor, managing the bar, making sure the servers were in the right sections, that kind of thing. He liked being with the public-being able to talk to them, hear their reviews, get to know the staff and customers. He wasn't always a big people person but he was learning real fast how to put on that smile and charm his way into a conversation.

It was a busy evening, but not full, so he had a pretty good line of site to every table in the area. The serving staff were on top of it tonight, so he left the bar area to go help the bussers clean off some tables to make room for more customers. His attention was often pulled from the tables to look up at the many televisions placed strategically around the place; football highlights were playing on ESPN, and he was anxious for pre-season to start.

for scott

&

--------------------
& I don't like watching TV, I don't know what it all means, And your American dream, Baby, it just isn't me. I know that what I'm thinking, may not be on your mind. I know the song I'm singing is not your favorite kind. And I don't know why you're acting like this.

HOW CAN I HAVE ANSWERS ?
PMEmail
^
SCOTT CAVANAUGH
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 03:34 PM
HUMAN
Former Football Player

Want to see it all
Give me more
The day had been near a first for Scott. He had woken up with the sun and had led a productive day, at least.. compared to what he had been doing for the past few weeks or so. He hadn't let a hang-over drag him into the oblivion of sleeping in until noon, nor woken straight up to grab a few more pain killers. He had gotten up, taken a shower and went about some business that the day had planned.

Applying his knee brace, he went to his physical therapist appointment early that morning, working with them an hour to two depending on how his leg felt and how motivated he was feeling on that particular day. After that, he came back home to grab a shower and got his knee massaged and cooled down. Using that technique of super cooling the body, or in this case a part of it, for thirty minutes or so before stepping out. It pulled the blood back toward the core of the body, letting it get full of oxygen and the like, before returning back out into the limbs.

After that, he grabbed a quick bite to eat before getting dressed and going over to the offices for the NO Saints to do a check in with them and look over some more paper work with both their lawyers and his own. Nothing serious, just him not wanting to be suckered out of any money or the organization pulling out of their agreement to pay for the medical treatment until he was as good as could be from the injury. That had been an all day thing and by then Scott just wanted to get away.

The black Range Rover slipped out of the city and headed out and away. He didn't know where he was going but he just went. Kept driving down a road he didn't know in some direction or another for what seemed like a good while... continuing out to the countryside. Wasn't the most beautiful of places was it? California had beaches, snow covered mountains, deserts. Louisiana had... the bayou and spicy meals?

Perhaps he was missing his home. The place wasn't that bad and he had gotten treated very well by most people he had met so far. Eyes began to focus as he remembered he was just driving. Coming into a bit of population, he slowed and turned into the parking lot of a little grill. Food didn't sound too bad and this seemed far enough out that there shouldn't be too many people to bother him eh?

He was still dressed from his meeting with lawyers and executives, black dress slacks, shoes and a fitted jacket over a white button up fitted his large and bulky frame. Brace was hidden beneath thankfully as he slipped out of the drivers side and closed the door. Didn't even bother locking the vehicle as he headed toward the door and within. Hazel eyes gave a quick look around before he moved to seat himself, taking up a seat at a table a little ways away from most people as he relaxed, letting out a sigh before he reached over to grab one of the laminated menus to take a gander. Shrimp sounded good.

--------------------
Scott Cavanaugh
PM
^
MATT DONOVAN
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 04:08 AM
HUMAN
Twenty-one
Brewery owner

Matt wasn't oblivious to his appearance. He took time in the morning to make sure he looked good, not because he wanted to pick up ladies but because he took care of himself. His mom and his sister trained him well in proper attire and haircare.

He also wasn't oblivious to the fact that ladies appreciated his appearance. He noticed the way they checked him out when he was behind the bar, and he heard the giggles when he bent over the tables to clean the tables (he had a nice ass, he was aware). He wasn't cocky or arrogant but he wasn't blind or deaf to the fact that girls (alright, and men, though he wasn't interested in that) flirted with him.

He was interested in someone. Very interested. He was crazy about her, even though it was a little awkward considering her closeness in appearance to Elena...and he wasn't a cheater. So it wasn't that he had any intention of flirting or taking one of them home. But that didn't mean he couldn't turn up the charm in order to get to keep them in the bar a little longer for business. This was why, when he smiled his crooked smile at a table of girls and they looked past him, he was confused.

He followed where they were looking and almost fangirled himself. Matt didn't know how he missed Scott effing Cavanaugh walk in, but he couldn't miss him now. It wasn't that he was a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, but damn he could appreciate a good football player regardless of who they played for. Scott was a tight end, and while Matt was primarily quarterback he knew the tight end position well (no pun intended, considering he was quite proud of his own 'tight end'). He had admired Cavanaugh's technique, had seen his gameplay and added him to his fantasy football teams. It was as if he knew this guy, even though he had never met him in his alive (until now, technically).

He cringed as he remembered the injury that Cavanaugh sustained. He knows what that kind of thing can do to a career, and how hard it could be to come back. A torn ACL and MCL? That shit's painful and debilitating, and if they weren't taken seriously could seriously screw you over for life. He was stoked to hear he was signing with the Saints especially considering their line-up and the fact that they were giving him time to heal according to the news, but he didn't expect him to come waltzing into his restaurant. Wait until Ty heard about this...He'd be pissed that he missed out on this opportunity.

Nodding to the server for that section to indicate that he had it, he walked over to his table and gave him a nod. "What're you drinking, Mr. Cavanaugh?" Matt figured he might as well let it be known he recognized him from the start so it wasn't awkward later. Well, even more awkward.

for scott

&

--------------------
& I don't like watching TV, I don't know what it all means, And your American dream, Baby, it just isn't me. I know that what I'm thinking, may not be on your mind. I know the song I'm singing is not your favorite kind. And I don't know why you're acting like this.

HOW CAN I HAVE ANSWERS ?
PMEmail
^
SCOTT CAVANAUGH
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 11:09 PM
HUMAN
Former Football Player

Want to see it all
Give me more
Relaxing into the booth, he was quick to withdraw that iPhone of his, flipping through Facebook or whatever, just burning time. He really wasn't looking forward to heading back to the house and spending the evening either doing nothing or drinking himself into a something unconscious sleep. He hadn't decided when he caught someone heading his way. Weren't too many people there that seemed to be avid sports fan, but who the hell would catch that just by a glance? More a hope.

That whole observation was broken when the waiter had come up, asking him what he'd like to drink along with his name. It took quite a bit for him to not let that sigh out, wanting to bury his face in his hand and just be forgotten.. but he offered a bit of a smile to the guy. Wasn't the kids fault that he recognized him. The luggage that came with what he had done eh? "If I could get an iced tea that'd be great." Part of him was hoping that that would be the extent of that.

The Saint's weren't exactly waiting for him to get better and plan on playing him, more like finished paying out his guaranteed contract money while helping him along with medical bills. He probably wasn't going to play another down in the professional league. Not without something magical and magnificent happening to help reconstruct his knee to being better than it had been before hand.

"And if you wouldn't mind just bringing out a just a bowl of pan fried shrimp or something. Not really wanting much else right now." Because he'd order one of everything at the bar and get shit-faced without hesitation.

--------------------
Scott Cavanaugh
PM
^
MATT DONOVAN
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 01:11 AM
HUMAN
Twenty-one
Brewery owner

New Orleans was a hot spot for celebrities. The lead singer for Maroon 5 was a regular at the Grille, and there were actors and models and other singers that frequented the French Quarter, especially during Mardi Gras and other huge New Orleans events. Matt wasn't the type to get twitterpated or to fanboy around famous people, but apparently today was the exception to that rule.

It wasn't that Scott Cavanaugh was his favorite player. He was amazing and Matt was incredibly stoked to have him here, but he wasn't his #1 pick. But it was the fact that finally, there was someone here that Matt could relate to, someone who might be able to talk to him about his future, his goals. Maybe Scott could impart on him some of his wisdom and tips on the game.

Which was a little unfair to ask of Scott and Matt understood that on some level. He had endured some career-changing injuries, and maybe Matt's attention would have a very negative effect on his mood today. But at the same time, maybe it might boost his ego a bit to know that he still had some fans despite all his trouble with his injury. It could go either way, really.

He tried to tone it down a bit, the whole admiration thing. He didn't want to scare off his customer no matter who he was. "Iced tea, you got it. Fried shrimp is a good choice. Not as good as some of the gumbo you might get in the cajun place down the road, but we're still proud of it." He cringed as he realized how much he was talking.

"Sorry, bro I don't mean to like...harass you. I just...I play. Well, not as seriously as I used to, and you're a badass player, dude. Seriously. I could..." He shook it off. He wanted to say he could learn a lot from him, but that was a kind of pressure he didn't want to put on the stranger. He was probably creeping him out a lot. He didn't want to cross any boundaries.

"Shit, I'm probably super bothering you. I'll go grab your iced tea and put your fried shrimp order in." He shook his head as he went to grab the iced tea. Tyler would have a field day if he heard the fool he was making of himself. He bought the iced tea back and set it in front of Scott. "While I'm already making a dork out of myself, I'm Matt. Matt Donovan." He might as well know his name.

for scott

&

--------------------

HOW CAN I HAVE ANSWERS ?
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll